Saturday, February 10, 2018

bad flipper switch

While looking at the burned out ball drain coil, I also looked at the flipper switches.

The left switch was in bad shape. It was all rusty and although I didn't get a very good picture, the contacts were touching even without the flipper button being pushed! that would be a real problem!

It was also off-center a little. So I pulled the rusty metal off and used a flapwheel sander on it which got rid of the rust quite nicely. 

I then used the dremel with wire brush to clean the contacts and finally needlenose pliers to bend it out a smidge. After some repeated banging around just to test, I think I have it set up correctly.



A problem I didn't even know I had! one more thing to check when working on pinball machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment