Friday, May 1, 2015

Power Supply Voltages

After tearing out the power supply (P/S) and discovering that it was mounted on a piece of plywood I did some more asking around.

It turns out that the very first generation of these cocktail machines used a handmade P/S, so there isn't anything inherently wrong with my unit.

I was able to get a circuit diagram and parts layout that showed what the fuse sizes were and the expected voltages across them. So I put the P/S back into the unit and checked power.


4th from the bottom was supposed to be 12V, the meter confirmed it was.


3rd from the bottom was supposed to be 7V, my meter shows 3.5V instead.


 2nd from the bottom was supposed to be 28V. I've got the meter on 25V range and it is showing only 14V.

So I have something actually wrong with the power supply circuitry, not too surprising considering it is almost 40 years old, but it complicates things quite a bit. Perhaps this is the only problem with the table though and once this is fixed everything else will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment