Monday, April 2, 2018

taking a sabbatical

I am going to take a sabbatical and see if I feel like continuing this blog at some point in the future.

After 3 years of posts; other than my own, I estimate I have 312 views, 17 in the last year. Its pretty obvious that without extensive socializing, I won't get up on the search engines enough to get to the first couple of pages of even specific search's like "pinball repair blog" and without being in the first couple of pages I won't get any views.

Its frustrating that original content is not viewed with as much weight as endless retweeting and relinking but such is the way of the internet. Actually content seems to be worth around zero weight as even with 3 years and over a hundred posts of original content, I am still listed in the search engines below a guy who posted a "hello world" post 6 years ago.

Such is life.

We will see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment